Kilkenny LCDC awards €144,886 in Community Grants

Kilkenny Local Community Development Committee (LCDC) has awarded an additional €144,886 to Community Groups under the 2018 Community Enhancement Scheme. An initial allocation of €136,300 was awarded in July 2018. The extra allocation enabled Kilkenny LCDC to award top up grants to 49 community groups which did not receive the full amount of their original grant requests.

The total amount awarded by Kilkenny LCDC under the Community Enhancement Programme is €281,186 and was made possible by the allocation of the Department of Rural and Community Development, on whose behalf the programme is managed by Kilkenny LCDC. The programme aims to address disadvantage areas and targeted groups as identified in the Kilkenny Local Economic Community Development Plan. 30% of the funding is directed towards small capital grants of €3,000 or less and the remaining 70% is directed at medium capital grants to a maximum of €10,000.

Speaking at the award of the grants Fergus Keane, Chair of Kilkenny LCDC, said: "It was great to see the level of interest in the Community Enhancement Programme and the diversity of applications".

Michael Delahunty, LCDC Chief Officer, added "that the award of 49 grants under the Scheme builds on the recent awards to both rural and urban communities under the CLÁR Scheme where 11 community groups were awarded €303,464 and on the awards under the Council's Community and Cultural Facilities Grants scheme where 8 community groups were awarded €250,000 between them. In addition the sum of €652,280 has recently been awarded for 5 projects under the 2018 Town and Village Renewal Scheme. That's almost €1.5m to urban and rural communities", said Mr Delahunty.

For Further details contact: Michael Delahunty Kilkenny LCDC Chief Officer -056-7794988


Related Links: