Kilkenny Local Community Development Committee Awards €136,300 in Community Grants.

Kilkenny Local Community Development Committee (LCDC) has awarded €136,300 to Community Groups under the 2018 Community Enhancement Scheme.

The funding was allocated by the Department of Rural and Community Development and is administered by Kilkenny Local Community Development Committee for the purposes of addressing disadvantage areas and targeted groups as identified in the Kilkenny Local Economic Community Development Plan.

30% of the funding is directed towards small capital grants of €3,000 or less and the remaining 70% is directed at medium capital grants to a maximum of €10,000.

Kilkenny LCDC has awarded 47 grants in total, 29 under the Small Grants Scheme and 18 under the Medium Grants Scheme.

Speaking at the award of the grants, Mr. Fergus Keane, Chair of Kilkenny LCDC said "It was great to see the level of interest in the Community Enhancement Programme and the diversity of application."

Michael Delahunty, Chief Officer, added "that the award of 47 grants under the Scheme builds on the recent awards to both rural and urban communities under the CLÁR Scheme where 9 community groups were awarded € €233,464 and on the awards under the Councils Community and Cultural Facilities Grants scheme where 8 community groups were awarded €250,000 between them". "That is almost €620,000 to urban and rural communities", said Mr Delahunty, "and there a promise of more to come when the funding under the Town and Village Renewal Scheme is announced in September."

A full listing of the awards will be made available shortly on the Councils website www.kilkennycoco.ie

For Further details contact : Michael Delahunty Kilkenny LCDC Chief Officer -056-7794988 or Lindsey Butler Community Dept Kilkenny County Council-056-7794923.


Related Links: