REBUILDING IRELAND HOME LOAN:
Rebuilding Ireland Home Loan is a new Government backed Mortgage for first time buyers. It is available nationwide from all local authorities from 1st February 2018.
As a first time buyer you can apply for a Rebuilding Ireland Home Loan to purchase a new or second-hand property, or to build your own home.
The loan is a normal Capital and Interest-bearing Mortgage which is repaid by direct debit on a monthly basis.
You can borrow up to 90% of the market value of the Property.
Maximum market values of the property that can be purchased or self-built is €250,000 in Kilkenny.
A Rebuilding Ireland Home Loan offers two rate products:
- - 2.745% fixed for up to 25 years (APR 2.78%)
- - 2.995% fixed for up to 30 years (APR 3.04%)
To be eligible for a Rebuilding Ireland Home Loan you must:
- - be a first-time buyer
- - be in continuous employment for a minimum of two years, as a primary applicant or be in continuous employment for a minimum of one year, as a secondary applicant
- - have an annual gross income of not more than €50,000 as a single applicant or not more than €75,000 combined as joint applicants
- - provide evidence of refusal or insufficient offers of finance from two banks or building societies
- - not be a current or previous owner of residential property in or outside the Republic of Ireland
- - occupy the property as your normal place of residence
- - purchase or self-build a property situated in the Republic of Ireland of no more than of 175 square metres (gross internal floor area)
- - purchase or self-build a property which does not exceed the maximum purchase price ceiling of €250,000 for County Kilkenny.
- - consent to an Irish Credit Bureau and/or a Central Credit Register search.
A Website has been set up which gives full background on scheme and has list of Frequently asked Questions:FAQ's
A National Help Desk has been set up to answer queries in relation to the scheme and their contact number is 051-349720 ( 8.00a.m. - 5.00p.m.)
Download the Rebuilding Ireland Home Loan Application Form - www.rebuildingirelandhomeloan.ie
Covid-19 Notice: HPL1 Form Temporary Process
Please note that in light of the Covid-19 emergency, a temporary alternate arrangement has been put in place that will remove the need for them to have to obtain a physically completed HPL1 form from Revenue, either in person, by post, or by Revenue's online systems ROS/MyAccount.
Instead, the applicant can request that the local authority undertake an electronic process to obtain the information from the Revenue Commissioners. Persons who wish to avail of this option should contact their local authority and request that the relevant HPL1 information be obtained on their behalf by the local authority.
Kilkenny County Council Loan Pack -
Rebuilding Ireland Home Loan Application Form
Rebuilding Ireland Home Loan Terms and Conditions
Frequently Asked Questions
Mortgage Protection Insurance Master Policy Document
Direct Debit Mandate for repayment of Loan
Important Info EEA Applicant(s)