The formation of Castlecomer Fire Brigade, 1940's

The Formation of Castlecomer Fire Brigade

Castlecomer Fire Service Started in the 1940s

The Original Mining Company trailer pump

The County Council supplied a fire service in the late 1940s with the trailer pump based at Pat Hetherington's shed in Market Sq now Cunninghams Green Grocer.

The Trailer Pump outside Wandesfort House, Castlecomer

The Original Mining Company trailer pump, seen here outside Wandesfort House,Castlecomer. This was given to Castlecomer Fire Service and was based in the mining office yard (Avalon Inn).


A new station was built in 1954 in Love Lane.


Kilkenny Promotion Logo
Kilkenny slogan: Come See Come Do