KILKENNY COUNTY COUNCIL PRESS RELEASE UPDATE ON COUNCIL SERVICES IN RESPONSE TO TAOISEACH'S ANNOUNCEMENT ON FRIDAY, 27TH MARCH, 2020
Kilkenny County Council have implemented the following measures:
- With immediate effect from Monday 30th March 2020, all County Council offices are closed to members of the public until further notice, with very limited public access, strictly by appointment, for certain housing services.
- Phone lines will be manned during normal office hours at 056 7794000. Please ring 1890 252654 ONLY for OUT of HOURS EMERGENCY COUNCIL SERVICES.
- A dedicated confidential Community Support Helpline - Free phone 1800 500000 or 056 7794145 - is operational in Kilkenny County Council to assist at people at risk in our community in accessing non-emergency and non-medical supports and advice during the current public health emergency. The helpline is focused primarily on ensuring that vulnerable members of the community or those living alone can access deliveries of groceries, medicine and fuels.
- Priority services will continue to be maintained as well as emergency response services (e.g. roads maintenance, public lighting and housing maintenance) together with minimal waste management/street cleansing services and a minimal parks maintenance service.
- Kilkenny Fire Service will continue to operate as normal.
- The Motor Tax Offices will be closed, however postal and online motor tax service will continue to operate.
Council staff will ensure a continuity of essential and critical service across our key operations and the Council's Crisis Management Team will continue to meet on an ongoing basis.
General information on council services can be accessed online and the Council is asking members of the public to avail of these services by: -
- Phoning: 056 7794000
- Logging onto: www.kilkennycoco.ie
- Postal queries to: Customer Services Desk, Kilkenny County Council, County Hall, John Street, Kilkenny.
- Email to: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
- Housing General: 056 7794900 / Housing Rents: 056 7794914 / Housing Assistance Payment: 056 7794989 / Housing Loans: 7794935 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Kilkenny County Council's response will continue to be informed by advice from the HSE and Public Health Authorities.