Thomastown Local Area Plan 2019 - 2025
Publication of Draft Thomastown Local Area Plan 2019-2025
Notice is hereby given that Kilkenny County Council proposes to make a Local Area Plan (LAP) for Thomastown. A Draft LAP has been prepared.
As regards the Draft LAP, the Council has determined that a Strategic Environmental Assessment is not required. It has also been determined that an Appropriate Assessment pursuant to Article 6 (3) and (4) of the Habitats Directive 92/43/EEC and the European Communities (Birds & Natural Habitats) Regulations 2011 is not required.
A copy of the Draft LAP, the Strategic Environmental Assessment Screening Report, the Appropriate Assessment Screening Report and the Strategic Flood Risk Assessment, may be inspected from Thursday 8th of November 2018 - 20th of December 2018 (both dates inclusive) at the following locations:
- Planning Department, County Hall, John Street, Kilkenny from 9am to 1pm and 2 - 4pm Monday to Friday.
- Thomastown Area Office, from 9am to 1pm and 2 - 5pm Monday to Friday.
- Thomastown Library, Marsh's St, Thomastown, Co. Kilkenny during normal opening hours
Submissions or observations may be made:
- online at http://consult.kilkenny.ie/ or
- by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or
- in writing to Denis Malone, Senior Planner, Planning Department, County Hall, John Street, Kilkenny
Submissions or observations received before 5pm on Thursday 20th of December 2018 will be taken into consideration in deciding upon the Draft Plan. Children, or groups or associations representing the interests of children, are invited to make submissions or observations in this regard. Submissions or observations in respect of the Strategic Environmental Assessment (SEA) Screening report, Appropriate Assessment (AA) Screening report and Strategic Flood Risk Assessment (SFRA) may be made to the Planning Authority within the period specified will also be taken into consideration.
Hard copies of the Draft Plan will be available for purchase from the Planning Department, Kilkenny County Council, for the following prices:
- €25 for draft LAP
- €20 for SFRA
- €10 for AA and SEA screening
Please note that all submissions will be made available for public viewing on the Council's consultation website during the plan-making period. Kilkenny County Council will treat all personal data you give us as confidential. We will retain your data for no longer than is necessary for the purpose of this LAP and in accordance with the Council's Retention Policy and the relevant Data Protection legislation.
Submissions or observations must be received by 5pm Thursday 20th of December 2018. Please contact Kilkenny County Council Planning Department, 056-7794010 with any queries.
Director of Services
Date: 7th November 2018
Invitation for Submissions on the Issues Paper for the Thomastown Local Area Plan by 5pm on Friday 27th July 2018 and to attend public meeting
Kilkenny County Council have commenced the process of preparing a new Local Area Plan (LAP) for Thomastown to replace the existing LAP. The LAP will be the statutory plan that sets out the land use strategy for Thomastown. To assist this process an "Issues Paper" has been prepared which identifies the key planning issues that may be addressed in the Draft Local Area Plan. Interested parties are invited to identify 'bigger picture' issues that need to be addressed in the LAP.
There are two key components to this pre-draft consultation process:
- An invitation to make submissions and,
- A public consultation evening which will be held at the Thomastown Community Centre, Marshes Street, Thomastown on Wednesday 11th of July 2018 from 7.30pm to 9.30pm.
The Issues Paper may be inspected from the 27th June 2018 here and at the following locations:
- Planning Office, Kilkenny County Council, County Hall, John Street, Kilkenny (during normal opening hours)
- Thomastown Area Office, Thomastown, Co. Kilkenny
Submission on the Issues Paper can be made before 5pm on Friday 27th of July 2018 as follows:
- Online at consult.kilkenny.ie/ or
- By email to: email@example.com or
- In writing to: The Senior Planner, Planning Department, Kilkenny County Council, County Hall John Street, Kilkenny.
Late submissions will not be accepted.
Children or groups or associations representing the interests of children are also welcome to make submissions. Please note that all submissions will be made available for public viewing on the Council's consultation website during the plan-making period. This is your opportunity to have a say in the future development of your area. We look forward to hearing from you.
Kilkenny County Council will treat all personal data you give us as confidential. We will retain your data for no longer than is necessary for the purpose of this LAP and in accordance with the Council's Retention Policy and the relevant Data Protection legislation.
Director of Services, Planning Department