CLAR 2021

Funding Image

CLAR Scheme Details 2021.docx (size 176.9 KB)

CLAR 2021 Map of Kilkenny.pdf (size 566.7 KB)

ClAR Innovation Measure outline 2021.pdf (size 189.5 KB)

CLÁR (Ceantair Laga Árd-Riachtanais) is a targeted investment programme for rural areas that aims to provide funding for small infrastructural projects in areas that experience disadvantage. The aim of CLÁR is to support the sustainable development of identified CLÁR areas with the aim of attracting people to live and work there. The funding works in conjunction with local/Agency and other Departmental funding programmes and on the basis of locally identified priorities.

In the context of the impact of COVID-19 on communities, CLÁR 2021 will consider support for the enhancement of existing and/or the development of new accessible Outdoor Community Recreation Areas, Community Gardens & Allotments where people can socialise outdoors in safe community spaces.

Community Recreation Areas in designated CLÁR Areas

Kilkenny County Council is pleased to announce that it is seeking applications for the CLÁR 2021 funding scheme from Community Groups for Outdoor Community Recreation Areas, Community Gardens & Allotments.
The Measure will support a variety of capital interventions provided that they contribute to the enhancement of existing, and/or the development of new, accessible Community Recreation areas where people can socialise outdoors in safe community spaces.


Grant Aid

A minimum grant of €5,000 and a maximum grant of €50,000 for projects will be available. The maximum grant payable will be 90% of the project cost or a maximum of €50,000, whichever is the lesser. The remaining 10% or balance of the cost should be provided through local authority/community/other resources with a minimum of 5% cash contribution from the Community. Philanthropic contributions may be accepted as full or part of match funding costs.

 


CLÁR Eligible Electoral Districts

CoolaghmoreTullahoughtJerpoint WestBalleen
KillameryAttanaghListerlinBallyconra
KilmagannyClogharinkaTiscoffinBaunmore
KilmanaghKilmacarCastlebannyClomantagh
ScotsboroughMothellCastlegannonGalmoy
BoolyglassMuckaleeKilkeasyGlashare
MuckaleeBrownsfordPleberstownLisdowney
TubbridDysartmoonUllard 

CLAR 2021 Measure 1 Application Form.docx (size 84.6 KB)

CLAR Measure 2 Application 2021.docx (size 81.6 KB)

CLAR 2021 Measure 3(a) Application Form.docx (size 64.4 KB)

CLAR Innovation Expression of Interest 2021.docx (size 79.7 KB)

Application Forms and further particulars may be downloaded from www.kilkennycoco.ie or Cora Nolan, Community Section, Johns Green. 056 779 4931.
Completed applications are to be sent to Kilkenny County Council's Community Department, John's Green House, Kilkenny by 4pm, 23rd April, 2021.
All intended applicants should make contact with Catherine Byrne Murphy (056)-7794115, or Cora Nolan, Kilkenny County Council (056) 7794931, prior to the submission of their applications.

Kilkenny Promotion Logo
Kilkenny slogan: Come See Come Do