Fire Safety Register
The Fire Safety Manager who is responsible for the implementation and oversight of the fire safety programme should keep a Fire Safety Register as a complete record of all fire safety matters on the premises.
The following information should be recorded in the register:
- The name of the Fire Safety Manager, and those nominated to deputise for him/her.
- The details of specific fire duties that have been assigned to staff.
- The details of instruction and training given to staff, and by whom.
- The date of each fire and evacuation drill and results of exercises held.
- The type, number and location of fire protection equipment in the premises, including water supplies, hydrants etc..
- The date of each inspection of the building itself, its fittings and services and the actions taken to remedy any defects found.
- Details of all fire incidents and false alarms that occur and the actions taken as a result.
The register will serve as a record and also as a checklist for the Fire Safety Manager to ensure that checks and training which are required are being carried out on an ongoing basis.