- A resident may apply for a visitors permit if they reside in an 'Access Only Area' as contained in Kilkenny Borough Council, Parking Control Bye-Laws 2012.
- Access only areas: Chapel Avenue, De Loughry Place, Ossory Park, St Patrick's Close, Ashursht Housing Development, Ashleigh Court Housing Development, Thomas Square/Street..
- A maximum of one permit per house is permitted.
- There is no time limit on the use of this Visitors Permit in Access Only Area's.
- The Permit will be for use in the area as indicated on the permit.
- Possession of a Visitors Parking Permit does not guarantee the holder a parking space at any time on the street indicated on the permit.
- Unsigned or incomplete applications will not be accepted.
- The permit may be used only by the person who visits, calls on or makes a stay with the resident or is engaged by the resident to carry out works on there dwelling.
- The responsibility for the renewal of a Visitors Permit for the 'Access Only Area' rests solely with the permit holder.
What do I need for a visitors parking permit in an 'Access Only Area'?
- Completed Application Form
- Two recent domestic Utility Bills in your name for the address for which the permit is being sought, (i.e electricity, gas, landline telephone)or Financial Documents (credit card, bank account, credit union statements).
- Fee €20 (administration costs).
- If you live in rented accommodation you must submit a copy of your Rent Book/Rental Agreement and a copy of your confirmation letter from the Private Residential Tenancies Board (PTRB) acknowledging the registration of the tenancy with the PRTB and the date of expiry of your tenancy.
Download Application Form
Download - Visitors Access Only Permit Application Form.docx (size 33.9 KB) Updated September 2019