Adopted City and County Development Plan
The Development Plan is comprised of the following documents:
1. Kilkenny City and County Development Plan 2021 Volume 1 County (31 MB pdf) - Written Statement and Maps
2. Kilkenny City and County Development Plan 2021 Volume 2 City (28 MB pdf) - Written Statement and Maps
Figure CS4 Kilkenny City Zoning Map (2.2 MB pdf)
3. Appendices (25 MB pdf)
The Plan is accompanied by:
1. Strategic Environmental Assessment Statement (3 MB .pdf)
2. Consolidated Natura Impact Report (6 MB .pdf)
3. Consolidated Strategic Flood Risk Assessment (21 MB .pdf)
Draft Direction from the Minister
On 15th October 2021, the Minister of State at the Department of the Housing, Local Government and Heritage, consequent to a recommendation made to him by the Office of the Planning Regulator under section 31AM(8) of the Planning and Development Act 2000 (as amended), notified Kilkenny County Council of his intention to issue a Direction to the Kilkenny City and County Development Plan 2021-2027.
In accordance with Section 31(4) of the Planning and Development Act 2000, those parts of the Kilkenny City and County Development Plan 2021 – 2027 Plan referred to in the notice shall be taken not to have not come into effect, been made or amended; namely;
Chapter 11, Renewable Energy Section 11.4 Kilkenny Targets, Section 11.5.1 Current status and targets and Figure 11.4 Wind Strategy areas.
Further information on this process is available on our consultative website at consult.kilkenny.ie