Hebron Road Urban Design Strategy
Urban Design Strategy for the Hebron Rd.
Urban Design Strategy for the Hebron Road
The Urban Design Strategy for the Hebron Road was adopted at Kilkenny County Council's meeting on the 23rd October 2017, in line with the Chief Executive's Report on the Submissions to the Draft Urban Design Strategy.
View the adopted Urban Design Strategy here .pdf 9MB
Draft Urban Design Strategy for the Hebron Road
In accordance with Objective Z3 of the Kilkenny City & Environs Development Plan 2014-2020, Kilkenny County Council has prepared a Draft Urban Design Strategy for the Hebron Road.
The Draft Strategy is a non-statutory document. The Draft Strategy is accompanied by an Appropriate Assessment (AA) Natura Impact Screening Report.
A copy of the Draft Strategy and accompanying documentation may be inspected at the following locations for a 4 week period between Friday the 18th August and Friday 15th September 2017:
- Online at http://consult.kilkenny.ie/ and on this website below
- The Planning Department, Kilkenny County Council, John Street, Kilkenny during office opening hours of 9.00am to 1.00pm and 2.00pm to 4.00pm Monday to Friday.
- Carnegie Library, John's Quay, Kilkenny during opening hours of: Tuesdays and Wednesdays 10am to 1pm and 2pm to 8pm, Thursdays and Fridays 10am to 1pm and 2pm to 5pm, and Saturdays 10am to 1:30pm.
Written submissions or observations with respect to the Draft Strategy, AA Natura Impact Screening Report and accompanying documentation made to the Planning Authority within this period will be taken into consideration before the making of the strategy.
All submissions must be clearly marked 'Hebron road Strategy'.
Submissions must be made either
- online at http://consult.kilkenny.ie, or
- sent by email to email@example.com or
- in writing to Mary Mulholland, Director of Services, Planning Department, Kilkenny County Council, John Street, Kilkenny.
Submissions must be received by the Planning Authority by 5pm on Friday 15th September 2017.
Director of Services,
18th August 2017
Hebron Road Urban Design Strategy Public Consultation Meeting Feb. 2017
It is an objective of the Kilkenny City and Environs Development Plan 2014 - 2020, to prepare an Urban Design Framework Strategy for Hebron Road, one of the City's key approach routes. Work on this Strategy has now begun and you are invited to make your contribution to the planning of the future of the Hebron Road area. The strategy will first look at the essential strengths and weaknesses of the Hebron Road area. Learning from these and best practice, the strategy will seek to develop a robust spatial framework and a set of guidelines to guide the future development and enhancement of the Hebron Road area.
The Strategy will address in particular, improvements to the road and public spaces and the development of key areas and sites on Hebron Road.
To assist in the preparation of this Urban Design Strategy, a public consultation meeting will be held in Kilkenny County Council, County Hall, John Street, Kilkenny on Wednesday 1st of February 2017 at 7.30p.m.
In addition to this public consultation meeting you can make a submission or observation regarding the Urban Design Strategy from now until 5 pm on Friday 17th February 2017.
Submissions can be made online atconsult.kilkenny.ie
- by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or
- in writing, to the Director of Services, Planning, County Hall, John Street, Kilkenny, or
- online at consult.kilkenny.ie
Please note all submissions will be made available for public viewing on our website.
Residents and all interested parties are invited to take part in this consultation process.
For further information, contact the Forward Planning Department at 056 7794010