Welcome to the Roads Home Page of Kilkenny County Council.
There are 3 groups within Kilkenny County Council Roads section.
1. Roads General (County Hall, John Street, Kilkenny)
Roads General have responsibility for road maintenance ,repairs , local roads projects, road safety, public lighting and bridges. This section contains contact details for Roads area offices and County Hall Offices. You can also find application forms for Roads related permits and application forms.
Roads General Office, County Hall, John Street, Kilkenny.
Telephone: (056 7794060 ) Fax: (056 7794004)
Contact Information for Local Area offices:
- Castlecomer Area Office - Nancy Byrne, Telephone: (056) 7794450
- Ferrybank Area Office - Oonagh Bannon, Telephone: (051) 831370
- Kilkenny Area Office - Telephone: (056) 7794516
- Callan Area Office - Carmel Brett, Telephone: (056) 7755520
- Thomastown Area Office - Marian Fennelly, Telephone: (056) 7793340
2. Roads Projects
Roads Projects have responsibility for major national road projects taking place in Kilkenny County Council as part of the National Development Plan. Here you can find information on the various projects and see project updates, reports, route selection information and environmental impact statements. For information on other National road schemes not listed here please refer to http://tii.ie/ Transport Infrastructure Ireland (The National Roads Authority & the Railway Procurement Agency were merged in 2015).
M8/N8 Cullahill to Cashel Road Scheme
N9-N10 Powerstown to Waterford- Road Scheme
N24 Mooncoin By-pass
N25 Waterford to Glenmore Scheme
3. Road Design (Roads Office, 1 Dean Street, Kilkenny)
Road Design have responsibility for the design of Roads and traffic systems throughout Kilkenny County. You can find general information, updates on Road schemes design proposals and contact details for the Roads Design Section here.
Road Design Section, Roads Office, 1 Dean Street, Kilkenny.
Telephone: (056) 7794300 Fax: (056) 7794313
N24 Piltown / Fiddown By-Pass - Section of the New Road showing the Tibberaghny Road Bridge
Roads General Homepage
Road Design Homepage
Traffic information notice for Callan Area for Monday 19th November through to Friday 30th November 2018
Tuesday 08th January, 2019 - Extension of Road works on Vicar Street, Kilkenny City
Roadworks Notice R700-at-The-Quayside-Carpark-Thomastown
Statement - RSA Suspends Driving Test Service Until 29th March, 2020
• NCT –vehicles with a test that was or will be due on or after 28 March 2020 have that test date extended by 4 months
• Commercial Vehicle Roadworthiness Tests (CVRT) – vehicles with a test that was or will be due on or afte...