Abbey Quarter Masterplan
Abbey Quarter Masterplan, 2015
Kilkenny County Council approved a masterplan for the Abbey Creative Quarter at a Special Meeting of Kilkenny County Council on Friday the 31st July 2015, see below.
ACQ Masterplan (Full document; please note the large file size of 56 MB .pdf)
Masterplan broken into chapters:
Cover and Contents 3 Mb
Section 3 Analysis 11 Mb
Appendix E Spatial Content & Process Principles
Appendix F Observations on Urban Code
Abbey Creative Quarter
(Former Smithwick's Brewery site and Bateman Quay / Market Yard area)
Notice is hereby given that Kilkenny County Council has approved a masterplan for the Abbey Creative Quarter at a Special Meeting of Kilkenny County Council on Friday the 31st July 2015.
A copy of the Masterplan, including a Strategic Environmental Assessment (SEA) Statement, SEA Environmental Report and Appropriate Assessment (AA) Natura Impact Statement, may be inspected at the following locations:
- Archived Online at http://ourplan.kilkenny.ie
- The Planning Department, Kilkenny County Council, County Hall, John Street, Kilkenny during office opening hours of 9.00am to 1.00pm and 2.00pm to 4.00pm Monday to Friday.
The SEA Statement details:
a) How environmental considerations have been integrated into the Masterplan;
b) How the following have been taken into account during the preparation of the Masterplan:
- the environmental report,
- submissions and observations made to the planning authority on the Draft Masterplan and Environmental Report, and
- any transboundary consultations [this is not relevant to this SEA]
c) The reasons for choosing the Masterplan in the light of the other reasonable alternatives dealt with; and
d) The measures decided upon to monitor the significant environmental effects of implementation of the Masterplan.
Director of Services,
2nd October 2015
Information on the No. 1. variation to the Kilkenny City & Environs Development plan, environmental impact assessment etc.