Planning and Development Act 2000, as amended Planning and Development Regulations 2001, as amended
NOTICE OF PROPOSED DEVELOPMENT BY A LOCAL AUTHORITY
Kilkenny Biodiversity & Recreational Countryside Park
In accordance with the provisions of Part XI of the Planning & Development Act 2000, as amended, and Part 8, Article 81, of Planning and Development Regulations 2001, as amended, Kilkenny County Council gives notice of its intention to develop a recreational and biodiversity park on the site of the now closed municipal landfill at Dunmore, County Kilkenny. The closed landfill site occupies an area of circa. 17 acres and is located 5km north of Kilkenny city centre. The proposed countryside park will develop trails for uses such as walking, running, cycling, and orienteering, along with educational opportunities related to natural heritage and biodiversity enhancement and management. The park will be attractive to the general public, schools and recreation groups, and those with specific environmental interests such as photography and bird-watching in the context of an amenity which is close to nature.
The park will be accessed, with carparking provided, from three separate access points, namely: -
- Dunmore village from the existing Dunmore Community Hall carpark and Mass Path in the townland of Loughmerans and Dunmore, the southern part of the mass path is adjacent to The Church of The Most Holy Trinity, a Protected
- From the National Road route N77 (Castlecomer Road) utilising the existing entrance to the Dunmore Recycling and Refuse Disposal Centre and Kilkenny County GAA grounds, with proposed works to the existing GAA overflow car-parking
- From a proposed new small car and bicycle parking via the Bleach Road
Plans and particulars of the proposed development will be available for inspection or purchase for a fee not exceeding the reasonable cost of making a copy during office hours from 11th December 2020 until 22nd January 2021 inclusive, at the following Kilkenny County Council offices by appointment only:
- Planning , Kilkenny County Council, County Hall, John St., Kilkenny City from 9am to 1pm & 2pm to 4pm Monday to Friday (excluding weekends, Public Holidays and Bank Holidays). To make an appointment please contact: 056 7794010 or email: email@example.com
- Details of the proposed development can also be viewed at https://consult.kilkenny.ie/
In accordance with the requirements of Article 120(1)(a) of the Planning and Development Regulations 2001 (as amended) the Planning authority has made a preliminary examination
of the nature, size and location of the proposed development. The authority has concluded that there is no real likelihood of significant effects on the environment arising from the proposed development and a determination has been made that an Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) is not required.
As per Article 120(3) of the Planning and Development Regulations 2001 (as amended), where any person considers that the development proposed to be carried out would be likely to have significant effects on the environment, he or she may, at any time before the expiration of 4 weeks beginning on the date of the publication of this updated notice apply to An Bord Pleanála for a screening determination as to whether the development would be likely to have a significant effect on the environment.
Submissions or observations with respect to the proposed development, dealing with the proper planning and sustainable development of the area in which the development will be carried out, may be made online at https://consult.kilkenny.ie/, in writing to the Planning Section, Kilkenny County Council, County Hall, John Street, Kilkenny or sent to the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
The latest time and date for receipt of submissions on the development is 5.00pm on 5th February 2021.
Submissions should be clearly marked “Kilkenny Biodiversity & Recreational Countryside Park - Part 8”
Sean McKeown Director of Services.
Planning, Environment, Building Control, Parks, LEO/Economic Development, Tourism Marketing & Veterinary Services